Federer Back On Victory Road As He Wins US Open Finals


I guess all Roger Federer needed was another win to get back on the victory road. And he's definitely back on that road. He beat out Andy Murray in the US Open finals Monday night, September 8. It was a 6-2, 7-5, 6-2 win, and it gave Federer his fifth consecutive US Open championship.

Winning the US Open also gave Federer his 13th Grand Slam title. He is now the only man in the history of lawn tennis to win five straight titles at two major events. One more and he'll be tied with Pete Sampras' 14 Grand Slam titles.

From Roger Federer official site:

I felt like I was invincible for a while again.

I always knew that if I were to get one Slam under my belt, especially the last one, things weren't looking that bad, like everybody was talking about. I didn't feel I was under pressure to prove myself in trying to win here, but this definitely feels very sweet.

0 comments: