Crazy Fan Attacks Federer During French Open

This is the moment when a fan jumped into the court and tried to make Roger Federer wear a hat. The fan was wearing what appeared to be a Barcelona flag, so I have no idea what the real deal is with him.



Federer's response to the attack:

First, I didn’t know exactly what happened. All of a sudden I heard the crowd, and I looked over and he jumped over the fence or something. That gave me a fright, just like seeing him so close right away.


The good thing is like it happened before, you know, so that’s why I guess I didn’t panic. It happened in Wimbledon before when two guys ran out on the court, and once I think it was in Montreal when I lost to Roddick when I was playing for my No. 1 ranking in the third set.


Som it wasn’t the firsttime. Normally they always kind of look at me and go, I’m so sorry I have to do this, because they have some sort of a reason for it, you know. (Laughter.)


I remember the English guy was actually quite funny. He looked at me and goes, I’m so sorry I have to do this. I was like, Okay, just don’t touch me, you know.


This guy, I don’t know, he looked at me and I was not sure what he wanted. It seemed like he wanted to give me something. So I was actually okay,because I saw he wasn’t pulling for anything stupid.


It definitely felt uncomfortable once he came close to me. Looking back, it definitely threw me out of my rhythm a little bit. One game later I thought that maybe I should have sat down and taken a minute or two to kind of reflect on what just happened. Was that real or what?


But I don’t know. I mean, I wanted to play on and whatever, get over it. But it was a touch scary, yes.


The crazy fan is known to be Jimmy Jump .. nice nickname. Jumping into courts and fields seem to be his hobby, and Stade Roland Garros was his latest target.

0 comments: